Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Bagel Victory

My experiment is over. I have proven that a public shaming will motivate even the spiciest of people. The bagel delivery crew showed up last night. And true to her word...a burnt bagel was presented. After we laughed about the burnt bagel I asked "Okay, where are the real ones?" And wouldn't you know it, the sweet girl I wrote about earlier delivered as expected. And I was not in the least disappointed. These were the best bagels I have ever graced my mouth with. And if you know me, you can kind of deduce that I've graced my mouth with many bagels in the past. They were fresh; still warm even. We had to try one as soon as they left. I waited until they left so I wouldn't have to share with them. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about them.
Anyway, I thank you for the delicious bagels, Cassia. And for the world to see your ornery-ness, I present to you the Burnt Bagel.


No, I did not eat it. Only a fourteen year old boy would have eaten this.

5 comments:

Seven Sisters said...

We are howling with laughter! : D

Jessica, Leah, Susannah, Cassia

Us Ornery Girls said...

That fourteen year old boy was pretty desperate! Poor boy! You wouldn't even give him one nice soft bagel?!

The same ornery girls said...

How many have you eaten?!
Any left by now?

Troy said...

As a matter of fact, there only a few left. I will see you Monday with the expectations of a "goody-bag" of bagels to take home. And Ice Cream.

Seven Sisters said...

You might want to eat the ice cream here...it would melt in the bag : D

~Jessica