Friday, December 23, 2005

Encouraged through Trials

Back in March I told you about our family doctor (Phil) who had a son (John, 14 yrs. old) with cancer. John died yesterday morning after his bone cancer spread to his lungs. Typically you would think this is a tragic event. In the flesh, it is. This family has grown so spiritually minded about this that it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's obvious that they've grown in the Lord. We've grown just reading the updates about John. The post on his web-site from yesterday announcing his death read:

John died this morning. For some reason Laura and I couldn’t sleep so we sat up and dozed on and off in the living room with John. He was sleeping more soundly than usual and suddenly he woke up bright and excited and said, "I’m going home now. It’s awesome. I’m going to be with Jesus." He was so happy about it. Then he fell into a restless sleep and died peacefully several hours later. God is so merciful.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7,8) Way to go John. I’ll see you in heaven.

Thanks for you prayers....Phil

Phil then posted again after that to convey funeral arrangemnts (times, locations, etc.) and said:

God’s peace is flooding our home.

What a testimony. If you have time, read back through some of their updates on the web-site. It will encourage and challenge you (and probably make you cry).

Blessings.


1 comment:

Muddy said...

Troy-It took a couple of times of going back and forth to read through the whole story-but thank you for posting it. It was a blessing and encouragement. I pray for your Dr and his family as they continue to grieve and lift up the Lord's name.