Friday, February 10, 2006

Update

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive. I was hoping to get something logged in January, but obviously that didn't happen. We have had quite a time the last few months. Early in December we were coming home from a church meeting at a church we used to attend. The weather was pretty nasty (first REAL snow of the year) and I wasn't used driving the van we purchased in May. To make a long story short, we rolled the van in the ditch, ending up on our side. Kind of an interesting experience. Praise God no one got injured (except my wife getting whiplash). We got the van fixed, but it's given us problems since. The strange part is that the problems are in no way related to the accident.
We also had a water line rupture in the back yard causing it to flood. I mentioned it to the guys at church. "Just start digging at the water leak" they told me. I fell for it. I started digging. I dug for four hours the first day and didn't even find the water line. Two hours the next day...still no line. Two days after that, one of the guys from the church came over to help dig. We finally found the line five and a half feet in the ground. We dug all day and couldn't find the leak. Next day two more guys from the church came over to dig. They found and fixed the leak. We still have a large hole in the back yard that I'm slowly getting filled in.
We've been pretty busy at work. There's a big gathering of orthopedic surgeons in Chicago happening in March that my company always attends so we've been gearing up for that.
The family went through the flu a couple weeks ago. I was the only one to escape it's clutches.
I've really been enjoying some music that I downloaded (legally) off the web. It's all scripture set to music. I've really been enjoying a group called Scripture Song. It's kind of folky.
I find it a refuge at work. You can visit them here and download songs from each of their albums. I've got to get some of the CD's. We found them from this web-site that has a lot of different groups/artist that primarily put scripture to music. I can't recommend it all because I haven't listened to them all, but some of it's quite enjoyable to me. Just go to the MP3 page.
I preach next weekend at church. The message that been working through my mind goes along with the message that the elder of our church preach last weekend. Should be interesting. Hopefully my message won't seem conflicting to his message.
We are six animals lighter these days. We got rid of our goats. I didn't have the time or money to get a suitable enclosure built for them. Crazy animals escaped everything I tried in the past. They need something more like San Quentin then standard fencing. Rebellious animals! Our pigs have joined our chickens in the freezer. Fresh bacon, ham and sausage...can't beat it. We have also eliminated all roosters from our flock. We were finding things not-so-desirable in our eggs. We should be in good shape now, and our neighbors should hate us less for not having the natural alarm clocks going off at 4:00 a.m.
That's enough for now. It's getting late for me.
God bless!

3 comments:

Muddy said...

Glad everyone was ok in the Van accident.

When you stated that the pigs joined the chickens in the freezer-it made me laugh as I caught on. What an experience that must all be for your children!

Anonymous said...

CAN YOU TELL ME YOUR DOCTRINE STANCE? I HAVE READ YOUR STUFF AND I CAN NOT SEEM TO LABEL YOU. SO WHAT ARE YOU?

Troy said...

Paul,

I'll address your comment when I have a little more time (hopefully within the next couple days). My wife laughed when she read your comment...she's been wondering that for years.

Troy