Monday, November 08, 2004

Are You NUTS?!?!?!

“Are you NUTS?!?! Your poor wife!” That’s what I heard last week from a lady at work when I told her my wife was expecting again. No we are not Catholic, Mormon or Amish. And yes I do know what causes it. We have five children and like I said, my wife is expecting number six.

Our thought is that if you give your life to God, that is indeed what you do. GIVE your life to God. If you say that God knows what is best for your life, He should know best how many children you have, where you should be working, going to church, etc. You give everything to God. That is a hard one to get a hold of. You feel secure enough with giving Him your salvation, but is that where it stops?

“God gave us a brain to think with, didn‘t He?” Of course He did. But He gave us a faith in Him that He wants us to practice, also. “How many are you going to have?” is another one I hear a lot. Usually my answer is “We'll stop when we get an ugly one” or “when God chooses not to give us anymore” (depending on my mood or who is asking).

Another thing I have realized. Just because a person says they are anti-abortion, it certainly doesn’t mean they are pro-life. Pro-life would mean FOR life. For more life. I know I might be playing on the terminology a bit, but I hear the same comments from Christians and un-saved alike. You say you are a supporter of life, “but we only want one or two!” You wouldn’t believe the criticism I get when people realize we have a medium-sized family. I have heard it from all over.

I am not even going to touch on tubal ligations and vasectomies this morning. I will say, though. If (men) your wife is taking “the pill” or (women) if you are taking “the pill”, please do the research and know what you are taking. I’m not talking the morning after pill. I’m talking ‘birth-control’ pills. Ask your doctor or do your own research. Most pills don’t prevent conception like we are led to believe. It prevents the conceived life from implanting for nourishment and growth. In effect, your body then aborts the conceived life. If you are insistent on controlling your family population, there are natural ways to do it.

I know it’s short and there is really a lot more I’d like to say on this topic, but I need to get going.

God Bless!

“…holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” Heb. 12:14

1 comment:

Regan Clem said...

Congratulations on expecting another baby you nutso!