Friday, November 19, 2004

Christ is our Keeper!!

I am home, but still not adjusted. That's why I'm not posting like I should. Just wanted to share quickly though. I don't mind flying. Tuesday night on the plane into Atlanta the devil started planting seeds of doubt into my head. "This plane could go down and you will most certainly die. Your wife will be left at home alone with all of the children." Than we would hit an air pocket and the plane would bounce. All the while I was reading Charles Finney. He was writing about Christ being our keeper. He quoted from Psalm 121:1-8:

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Have you ever felt like shouting on an airplane. I didn't, but I wanted to. That passage just renewed my soul. I didn't have another problem the whole trip. Well, besides the lady behind me who decided to squeeze her bag of pretzles open when I was almost asleep. Being awakened by a large POP! when you're sleeping on an airplane is not good for anyone's heart. God is faithful, though.

God Bless!

“…holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” Heb. 12:14

No comments: